Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gobble Gobble Turkey Burgers

This recipe is my baby, it was born from all of the family BBQ's my parents had when I was growing up and having those pre-made frozen burgers. As I grew up my dad started to make his own free-form burgers, with beef...and ya'll know how I feel about beef. No matter how lean the meat is, how juicy the burger is, or how hungry I am...I ALWAYS manage to get a chewy, fatty, gristle chunk in my burger and it sends me running to the nearest sink, toilet, potted plant or napkin to spit it out. My dad would have sizzled my hands before he would even let me go near his "man-stove" to put a turkey burger on it, so I did my own thing and here it is....for you all!

RECIPE:

[ 1 ] Pkg of Ground Turkey (I don't use the EXTRA lean here, just because I want all the flavor I can get)
[ 3 ] Cloves of Garlic (Use less or more if you like)
[ 1 ] Small Onion
1/4 Cup of Flat Leaf Parsley
1/4 Cup of Worcestershire Sauce

Turkey Burger Ingredients:

You know how I like to do...Onion is up first, same rules apply from last weeks recipe chop finely:


The onion's ready for it's close-up:


Chop, chop, chop the garlic and parsley and toss everything into a mixing bowl:




 
Wor-cester-shire sauce gets added. That little bottle packs a mean punch (the answer to all your problems is in this little ol' bottle) I love lucy reference anyone?...anyone? bueller?


Add the turkey! Remember fold everything together, lightly...



* My turkey was from frozen, so the mixture was a tad bit more wet than normal, so I added 1/4 cup of plain bread crumbs (yes, the same kind you used last week too!)


The burger mixture in general is pretty wet, so DON'T add more than 1/4 - 1/2 cup of bread crumbs. You want a juicy, flavorful burger. Start forming the burgers...options: [ 4 ] GINORMOUS Burgers, [ 6 ] Average Burgers & 8-10 Mini Sliders

I opted to make 5 Big Girl Burgers:

Are you ready to start grilling...like Bobby Flay? I use a grill pan, you can also use just a regular non-stick pan.

Prep the pan before adding the burgers. If you have a pastry brush, dip it in vegetable oil, then on the grilling surface of the pan. You can also pour some vegetable oil in the pan while its heating up and spread the oil all around with a napkin. Non-Stick cooking spray also works wonders!



Cook the burgers on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
. . . I like to use this time to clean up a little...

Time to flip!


I can't have a burger without cheese...add whatever kind you like: Cheddar, Havarti, Provolone...Goat. I had Muenster on hand...


While the other side of the burgers are grilling and the cheese is melting, I like to prep all the toppings!!

Add your burger!


Assemble and dig in!


I LOVE lots of lettuce in my burger and crunchy pickles. Mmm...burger (Homer voice) Do it, you know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment